Friday, July 9, 2010

Blank Piece of Paper

I know, I know. Welcome to the 2010 blog world, self. It really has been over 10 months since the last post. It's partially been a lack of comedic material, along with staring at a blank screen when trying to write something about Zeke or Wyatt. Each month kept whizzing by with nothing to offer in either realm. Moments of joy are here, with Hadassah being a big one, people getting baptized in the Holy Spirit, Anderson's wedding, Tikkun folks, and other times for sure ... but you know. It's just been a hard season.

So fast forward a year and there are a lot of new KL folks blogging. Shout out! Special thanks to Big Cass in particular to calling me out that it's been too long avoiding the blog world. So here we go - this is all I've got right now ...

If Lebron James wasn't a free agent, then would the media have space to address the war build-up in Iran?

If the US dollar tanks, the only country/organization big enough to bail us out of our debt/currency dilemma is the International Monetary Fund (IMF) - leaving us slaves to the UN/one world government folks.

I miss Wyatt's soft skin, and of course cheeks. But most - I miss his friendship with Harrison and Noah. I really don't understand why they don't get to grow up together.

I'm excited about playing some soccer - feeling lethargic lately and needing the exercise. Plus at 36 it's a wild card as to how many seasons I have left in me. Anywhere from 1 to 20? Golf realistically needs to wait out soccer's run - that isn't over yet.

Feeling a bit older lately. It's as if I had a decade birthday like 30 or 40, but obviously I didn't. Lauren keeps pointing out that I have more gray hair this year, but for me it's more of a feeling on the inside. From what I can tell, being here on earth while Wyatt is in heaven seems to be making me think more about time, so that's probably the biggest factor. Having a limp from something like that brings maturity and aging, so I guess it's good.

Been enjoying kissing little Cass on the cheeks lately. Man, she's so squishy! She seems to have warmed up to me (and others?) a lot now.

I seem to be thinking in terms of months now instead of weeks. Meaning, "Boy June went by fast." It used to be that I had that thought after a week. But now the weeks are so fast that I don't even think about it until the month.

Feeling more teacher lately instead of prophet (personality gifts from Romans 12), so maybe the CS, double introvert, lower energy part of me is kicking in.

Looking forward to Harrison turning 13. Our "man-talks" are pretty fun. It reminds me of a Juster comment that wonder is why kids are so fun to be around. They are in wonder of all the new things they encounter. So being on this journey with the Lord and KL folks is keeping my wonder meter ticking, but seeing little H-man's wonder meter go berzerk is pretty fun too.

4 comments:

cass said...

Glad you are back on board. I made the post but not the blog list, I'll take what I can get.

Lauren Blake said...

This might be one of my favorite posts because I am always asking you what you are thinking and in short you just blogged your thoughts. Knowing these are your thoughts makes me fall in love with you all over again.

Susan said...

Hurray! Welcome back. A great post for your re-entry to the blog world. Insightful into the inner workings of the mind of Paul.

Allison said...

Seriously! When I saw your blog name toward the top of my blog list I was super excited! It's good to hear from you on here! Thank you for sharing.