Sunday, August 3, 2008

Why not here?

Blogging wasn't a winter fad? Man, did I miss the boat. It seems people have been keeping their blogs updated, and I'm the only joker who didn't get the email. I did however read that the T-Blakes have solved a family feud, dating back to the early 80's, regarding the poop in the bathtub. See the comments section on Leah's blog.

So here's the story. It's 1am on the night before our big event at the Merriam Marketplace. As usual during any big event for KL, we have house guests. It hasn't been much of a distraction ... just classic that the timing was an exact match again.

I'm feeling pretty good about the plans so far. Tom's talk on "Did Jesus practice Judaism or Christianity" looks great. I have my outline put together, but it needs some polishing tomorrow. Jack managed to pick up the folding chairs about 10 minutes before they closed. That's right ... folding chairs. We realized there's no way everybody remembers to bring a lawn chair ... and that's if they even own them.

We've had 3 folks from our neighborhood say they are coming, plus 3 others who Lauren had spiritual conversations with this week. That may be 3 more spiritual conversations than we've had with anybody in the neighborhood, except Chad and Rachel.

The band practiced today. I'm actually feeling really good about the band. Sam has a good flow. In the words of David Ruis, he feels the rhythms of the earth.

Dr. Yang finally emailed me back. He's out of town now, but he had a good reason for being out of touch for awhile. Minister Hole won't be able to make it due to a commitment, and he let me know that he is officially retiring at the end of '08.

Overall, this is my feeling. Why not now? Why not Merriam? Why not?

No comments: